Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving!

This year we had a really long break from school so we took every second of it and spent it in Utah! We left the night that Ryan finished finals, which went very well for him! The next morning Ryan's little brother had his Championship football game in Grantsville so we headed down there!  It's so fun to have these football games and know that in like 10 years it will be our little guy! They won their game and it was a very proud moment for Jackson, Ryan and my father in law Tony! They did awesome! We spent most of the week with Ryan's family and just enjoyed each others company.  My sister in law had her baby while we were there, which we were really crossing our fingers for, and she is Sooo adorable! Cute little Remi Rose!
We also were able to have a Thanksgiving dinner at the Neeley's on Sunday because it was every ones "off" year so we wouldn't be there.  I loved it, I will always take a second Thanksgiving dinner, especially this year.. because the baby of course eats half of what I eat so I needed a full dinner :)
We also spent time at my parents house because I had two showers planned for when I was there.  I was so excited for it, I loved my bridal showers and I couldn't imagine getting cute baby things given to us!  I woke up Saturday morning with a sinus infection, which was not welcomed but I did not let that hold me back in enjoying my showers! My first shower was with my friends, and it was so great to get together with everyone from home and catch up. Jenny put together a breakfast and it was delicious and hit the spot! The second shower was with family which was amazing too!  Baby and I got spoiled to say the least! Our families were way too generous and Ryan and I wouldn't know what to do without them!
We then headed out to Denver to spend Thanksgiving with my dads side of the family! It was so nice to get to see everyone and of course have another delicious Thanksgiving meal.  Ryan and I didn't do any black Friday shopping because we had no way of getting anything home.  We did however get online at midnight and got the rocking chair that we wanted for HALF OFF!!!! It was so great! We have had really great luck with our furniture, they always just happen to be on sale the week that we decide what we want!
At the end of our two week vacation we got back to our warm Arizona weather and decided to put up our Christmas tree and decorations.  It warms our whole apartment up and makes it feel more like a home! I love it!
Lastly, a quick baby update! I had an appointment on Monday and our little guy is growing great and everything is going well! Our due date was February 16, but our doctor is really great and is letting me get induced a week early because Ryan has finals during our due date! Tomorrow I will be 29 weeks and it is FLYING by!  I really can't wait for our little guy to be here, he moves like crazy and I love it! In two weeks we have our 3D ultrasound and I'm really excited to get a little clue at what he may look like! 

2 comments:

  1. Your tree is SO cute. I love the colors you choose...you're so creative. I LOVE your bump! I love looking at pregnant friends blogs because it's so nice to hear about how they're doing, too! I LOVE hearing about yours! Being induced isn't bad at all, so I'm sure you'll rock it! YAY!!! Looking good Neeleys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to see you at the shower! You look so great Jill! What a beautiful baby bump you have. Glad you had such a great Thanksgiving! 2 Thanksgiving dinner?! Not fair! Love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete