Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Have I ever told you that I have the best husband in the world?? Well I do.


So this post was not brought on by something that Ryan did or anything like that.  It just became clear to me that the above title is totally and completely 100% true. I will tell you why!  Last night at 1:00 am Ryan and I were getting into bed after another long study session, and we just started to talk.
We started to talk about when we first started dating, and how for both of us it was so different.  We both had heard several times from numerous people that when you find the one person it's just "different"...what is it?? We didn't know until we started to date.  Soo mushy I know, but I don't care.  We just talked and talked about our whole relationship, like when we first met, our first kiss, our first date, our first everything.
It was so fun to think back on those times and remember random stuff and just laugh and laugh!  We talked until 2:30 and I could have talked for another 2 hours but Ry had to get up in 3 hours.  And then again tonight I was just thinking about our first date and how much I owe my friend Nicole! Here is the quick version of our first date! It was the greatest first date and also my last!
Ryan and I started dating because of our wonderful friend Nicole Fowler (now Frei!) She showed Ryan some pictures of our trip that we took to Europe from our senior trip.  He was interested and so she called me to ask if I was dating anyone. I was at the time so he got put on the back burner.  But then Ryan added me on facebook and I saw his pictures and I thought he was a total babe ;) but seriously I did. After that I became a free woman and we started to text randomly and he would call me on the phone and I would always get so nervous.  The poor guy tried to ask me on dates and I would say yes and then at the last minute I would cancel...because I was nervous!  But after 3 months I decided I should just get up the courage and just do it.  So I text him and set up the next date. He now has told me that he totally was done trying with me and he wasn't going to call me anymore and then I called him! Fate;)  But we went on our first date and it was so fun! We went to Trafaliga and to dinner and then we went to his apartment and went longboarding around provo!  It was so fun, I just remember thinking that he looked so manly and that I had never dated someone that looked so mature and manly;) But after our date I text and called Nicole (or Nikki as Ryan and ONLY Ryan calls her! ha ha) and I told her it was so great and thanked her so much, and apparently Ryan did the same thing! I couldn't wait for him to call me to go on another date!  
So the point of me telling you about our first date is because it really is a miracle that I remember it like I do.  If anyone knows me you know that I have to WORST memory of anyone that you know or will meet.  But for some reason everything that Ryan and I have done in the past 3 years is like it just happened yesterday!  He has made and makes every day the greatest day for me!  He really is an answer to all my prayers growing up asking to find someone that truly makes me happy and makes me a better person.  He really is my better half and I am so grateful for him.  He is an amazing best friend and even better husband!   I really feel like the luckiest person ever! He makes me laugh more then anyone and that is so important to me! He is always so positive and the hardest worker I know!  I love that guy!! 

I'm sorry if this post was a little much for anyone but I just wanted to make sure everyone knows how I feel about my husband and how great I think he is!  Have a fabulous weekend!

Happily Ever After!!!


5 comments:

  1. What a sweet post Beans! I absolutely love it. I am so glad that you two did finally go on a date! :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so cute! I love hearing the falling in love history and it is so fun to relive it in memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill! Such a cute blog, and I loved reading the post! You guys are such a cute couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute :D What a great story! Also, why were YOU scared to go out with anyone. So silly Jilly ;D

    ReplyDelete